Monday, September 27, 2010

Shapin' Up

Last Tuesday my sisters and I started walking together. We've decided to make it more like an informal biggest loser thing only we aren't competing to lose weight. We will be meeting 5-6 days a week to work on getting in shape together. We meet at 5am and do some sort of cardio workout. Here's our tentative schedule -
  • Monday – Meet at Becky's – Workout video plus at least 1 mile walk

  • Tuesday – Meet at Karin's – Walk the bike path – goal – 3 miles each way

  • Wednesday – Meet at BYU-I stadium - 2 Miles around track - plus walk the stairs

  • Thursday - Back at Becky's

  • Friday – Meet at Bonnie's for walking

  • Saturday – Meet at Dr. Larsen's for 4-6 mile walk

    Today we met at Becky's and measured so that we could keep track of the inches that we hope to lose. We also agreed to keep a food journal so that we can see what we are eating and what is keeping us from meeting our goals. We will remeasure again in one month to see how we are each doing. Here are my measurements - (don't laugh at my scrawny arms - I'm working on that!)

    • Chest – 32

    • R Arm – 9 1/2

    • L Arm – 9 ¼

    • Waist – 30 1/2

    • Hips - 36 ½

    • R Hip – 19

    • L Hip – 19 ½

    • 116 lbs

    • 19.1% Body Fat

      Each of us has different goals that we are working to attain. My goal is not to lose weight necessarily but to get in shape and build and tone muscle. I am excited about feeling better about myself and the way I look. Since February I have been able to maintain a weight loss of 10 lbs and I have noticed that when I work out on a regular basis that I feel better emotionally and spiritually as well as physically.

      For Enrichment my ward is doing a Relief Society University. We have a list of goals to chose from - including physical fitness, family, spirituality, etc. We are supposed to chose between 3-9 goals in each area in order to earn between a bachelor's and doctorate degree. I am excited about all the areas and looking forward to learning about myself and improving how I feel. The last few months I have been struggling emotionally and really feel like these goals are going to help me overcome that. I have already noticed a big difference since I have been working out this past week. I have also really enjoyed spending time with the other girls. I haven't ever walked with or worked out with a group before and it has been really fun to hang out with the girls. They really help me to push past what I would ever do by myself. Posting this blog will help keep me motivated too I think. So here I go this is really my first real and serious attempt at getting in shape. I have always been able to eat pretty much whatever I want but the last few years that is catching up to me. I have also recently learned that I am moderately insulin resistant so I know I need to watch my sugars and lose belly fat. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

WAY TO GO KARIN!!!

I think that is great.