Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day

Daddy’s Hands
“I remember daddy’s hands folded silently in prayer, and reaching out to hold me when I had a nightmare. You could read quite a story in the calluses and lines, years of work and worry had left there marks behind. I remember daddy’s hands how they held mama tight, and patted my back for something done right. There are things I have forgotten that I love about the man, but I’ll always remember the love in daddy’s hands. Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was crying, daddy’s hands were hard as steel when I done wrong. Daddy’s hands weren't always gentle but I’ve come to understand there was always love in Daddy’s hands. I remember Daddy’s hands working 'til they bled. He sacrificed unselfishly to keep us all fed. If I could do things over and live my life again, I’d never take for granted the love in daddy’s hands.”
____________________________________________________________________

Ever since I was a little girl this song has reminded me of my Father. He was always sacrificing for our family, and worked countless hours so that our needs would be met. He has always lived his life in the way he believed to be right - there never seemed to be grey boundaries - simply white and black - right or wrong. And he chose the right. This picture is my Dad with his brother Paul - I love the look on his face - he is so happy to be with his family. Serving his Lord and spending time with family and friends is his way of life. I have many memories of receiving fathers blessings as a child and even more as an adult when life wasn't going quite how I wanted it to. I have always counted on my Dad's faith and love. I love you Dad and I am so happy to be your daughter.
____________________________________________________________________
I also want to take a few minutes and thank Barry for the father that he is. He loves his children so much. He takes such good care of all of us. We had a great time camping this weekend and I want to thank him for being such a good father to all of our children. I have learned in the last few years that not everyone has the oppurtunity to grow up in a home with a loving and caring father - I was one of those lucky ones and it would seem that my children are getting that same oppurtunity. Thank you Barry for being worthy of the priesthood and being the kind of man to be willing to work hard everyday so that we can be taken care of. I love you! This picture of Barry was taken while we were still dating. This is the way he always is - helping with the children and making me feel loved and supported. I love you babe and I am incredibly happy to be your wife
- Happy Fathers Day to my two favorite men! -
____________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Lori Harris said...

I love that song too. It almost makes me want to cry sometimes. (Sigh)

Glad that you had a great Father's day.

Lisah said...

I am glad you had fun camping even though you nearly died and you got rained on the entire time. You did find a good one in Barry. You guys are great together!