Thursday, October 15, 2009

Barry's Annual Campout at Pack Saddle Lake


Every year Barry spends a week at Pack Saddle Lake with the kids. Due to school stress this was the first year I have been able to join him. The only draw back was half our kids had just left for Texas but it was really fun. Despite how it looks these were not all taken the same day - I just wore the same jacket everyday! Yes we went in July and yes that is snow in some of the pictures - yes we do live in Idaho! We had tons of fun and I am already excited for next year - hopefully all our kids will be there - I tried riding the dirt bike again and as you can tell from my face I was scared to death! I thought that little ol'creek would be the death of me.







The bigger boys (Stetson and Justin) told the littler kids that they would pay them $20 if they could get to the end of this log. They all made a good effort at it and in my opinion Justin and Stetson should owe them all $20 but I am sure noone will ever see it.








Our good friends the Cutlers joined us one evening for dinner - that was lots of fun. Us girls cooked chicken noodle soup with garlic toast and the boys fished. Bryce and Sherry along with Brooke and Addy joined us that night also but somehow we don't have any pics of that event.
I was a little nervous at first when we saw bear tracks and bear poop on our way down the trail but we never did see any other signs of bear. The kids thought it would have been exciting to at least see one but they were dissappointed in this desire - not me!




















































We really did have a great time. We hiked, and rode ATV's, played in the sun, and the snow!, I read and relaxed - I think I read 5 books in the 5 days that we camped. So fun!! We have such great kids they all helped set up and break down camp - we sure love you guys!
Sorry this is such a long post but I had so many pics - this isn't even half but there you go. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lisah said...

That was an awesome night. We loved every second of spending that time with my family as well as yours. Thank you so much for being such good friends to us. I love you!