Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gratitude Day 6

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding wrong but I am grateful for the trials of others. Not that I want others to have trials or that I am glad that they do - however often I see the trials of others and I am so grateful that I don't have that same trial and it makes me somehow more grateful for the trials that I do have. Does that make sense? I have often been told that I should be grateful for my trials - because of what you learn from them but it is a hard thing for me. It sometimes takes years for me to be grateful for what I have learned and even then its not as much gratitude for the trial but for the blessings I gained from it. For example I am not really grateful for the trial of having gone through the heartache of a divorce and yet because of that I have Barry and I am so glad that he is in my life. I am so glad that I get to share his life and his children and that he takes care of my children. In my job I see so many who have suffered so much in their life. I meet people everyday who I would never want to trade places with. And it makes me so glad that I have the life I have even with it's difficulties and troubles along the way. I am grateful to a Heavenly Father who knows what we can handle - or at least sends us what we need in order to handle what we are given. I am grateful to know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and cares about my life and lifts me through my trials and blesses me far beyond my worthiness to receive.

No comments: