Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More to be thankful for....

My thankful list continues.....
D -
Dads and Dates - I have personally been blessed with one of hte most wonderful Dads in the world. He has always been a great example to each of us kids and continues to be that way for his grandkids. I have always been able to count on him when I needed a priesthood blessing and could always trust his opinion. I am also grateful to Barry's Dad and the love and support that is constantly shown to us. Our house looks beautiful thanks to Bryce we are truly blessed. Another Dad that I am thankful for is Barry, he is a wonderful father to each of our 9 children. When we were dating this was something I noticed away, the first time we went out in fact and it is just one of the many things I love about him. The next D thing I am thankful for is dates. I loved dating Barry before we were married and I still love going out with him. We don't get out on our own too often due to our crazy life with our 9 crazy children but when we do it always helps us renew our love for each other. I love all these great men in my life.
E -
The Ensign and Events - When I was a little girl I could never understand why my parents wanted to read the Ensign. It just seemed like a bunch of boring church stuff. Now that I to am a grown-up I have discovered my own love for this wonderful magazine. The articles are truly inspiring and I especially love the conference issues. I also love and am thankful for Events both big and small. This weekend we got to attend the blessing of Brooke and Dan's sweet baby Addy and it was fun to get together with family members. We have also had the blessing of having my parents home from their mission for a few days and have enjoyed having them around. I enjoy going to school events for the kids and the primary program at church. Graduation a few weeks ago was of course a big event in my life. All of these events remind me how blessed I am to be wife, mother, sister, daughter, Aunt, cousin, neice...
F -
Family, Friends, and Faith - I had a hard time narrowing this one down so I just went with three! I have a wonderful family. This includes the one I was born into, the one I am raising, my married into family, and even the family I am no longer a part of. I have always been taught that family is the fundamental unit of society and I hold this as a precious truth. Without my family I would not be the person I am today, who knows what kind of person I would be without them. I have also been blessed with wonderful friends. A few of which came into my life at very pivotal moments in my life. I have a the priviledge of attending the temple with one of those friends this weekend and consider that a great honor. I am truly thankful for friends who push me in the right direction and encourage me to reach for things I don't feel capable of. Last but not least is faith, the hope for things not seen. I have a great faith in my Father in Heaven, I know that with His help, I can accomplish anything. This has been proven to me time and again in the last few years especially. Even when things don't seem to be going the way we want them to, we can have faith that the Lord is watching over us and has a plan, we just have to wait sometimes to see what it is.

2 comments:

Suzy & Todd said...

I love that picture at christmas, was that last year?

Karin said...

Yep, Christmas 2007. Our first one as a family!