Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankful...

G -
Granparents and Gifts - First of all I am very thankful for Grandparents, my children are so very blessed to have amazing grandparents. Each and everyone is a great example of how to live not only the gospel but good lives in general. Our children always have someone to turn to. Each of them is still married to the person they married in the Temple years ago, in this world that is quite and accomplishment. Our family is shown love and support by each set of grandparents in their own way. At this time in my own life I am a grandparent orphan and I am glad that my children still have 3 sets of grandparents plus some great-grandparents as well. This picture from Ammon's baptism is the only one I could find with all three sets of grandparents in it. The next thing I am grateful for is gifts and I am not putting a plug in for Christmas. I am thinking more on the spiritual side. My spouse, children, and family of course are incredible gifts that my Father in Heaven has given to me, but I am also blessed in so many other ways. The gift of knowledge in school, the gift of friends, the gift of the gospel, I could go on and on but you see where I am going. Sometimes in my life I forget to look at all the gifts I have been given and focus instead on what I don't have, I am glad for this reminder because I am truly, truly blessed.
H -
Hayden and Husbands
Ok so my son Hayden is a great kid. He just turned 10 years old so he gets to celebrate in double digits from now on. I have enjoyed getting to know Hayden over the past few years and have fallen in love with him. He has a sweet personality and always has a hug if you simply ask for one. If you work beside him you he will work all day long. Hayden almost always has a smile on his face and is generally happy. I am grateful for his presence in my life. I have already mentioned Barry but I can't help but pass up the letter H without thinking of my husband. This weekend for example I spent the weekend with Cassidy in SLC and Barry stayed home with 6 children under the age of 10. He had two giant homework assignments, a wrestling match, took care of the nursery, and didn't even complain about the kids. He even took them swimming at Green Canyon all by himself. How great is he?! I know it is a blessing to have him in my life. I don't pretend hes perfect but he comes fairly close in so many ways. Love you!!!
I -
In-laws and immunizations-
There are all kinds of jokes and even TV shows dedicated to making fun of in-laws. I have absouletly nothing to complain about, I am blessed with wonderful in-laws. Bryce and Sherry haved showed so much love and support for Barry and I and or decision to marry and join our families right from the beginning. They have accepted my children as their grandchildren and treat me as a daughter. I can't even begin to list the many things they have done for us to help us in the last year. With my own parents gone on a mission I am not sure what I would do without the Holmans in my life. Thanks for everything you guys. I am also grateful for the blessing of immunizations. I never had to live my life without this great blessing so I am sure I don't truly appreciate it. It is one of those things like running water, electricity, cars, the phone, things that I don't usually think about but that I am glad to have in my life.

No comments: