Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Forgot To Be Thankful!

Way back in November I started a list of things I am thankful for, one for each letter of the alphabet. I realized that I ended with O, and as we learned way back in kindergarten O is not the last letter of the alphabet. So I decided to make an effort at finishing this list. So here are P, Q, and R: Parenting, Quiet, and Rachel.

*I thought this pic represented a good "parenting moment"*
P: There are many things I am thankful for when it comes to parenting. On Sunday the talks in sacrament meeting were about family history and that reminds me to be thankful for my ancestors who parented my grandparents and so forth. I am grateful for my own parents and the example that they are now and have always been to me, my siblings, and now my children. I am grateful to my husbands parents and the love and support that they show me and my children everyday. I am grateful for others who help parent my children. Aunts, Uncles, Teachers, Neighbors, Grandparents and the many others who make being a parent possible. I am thankful for the opportunity to help parent others children and last but not least I am so grateful to be a parent myself. I love each and every one of my children (not just the ones I actually gave birth too!) I hope they know that even though I am not always patient, I still love them!
*Cassidy and I are enjoying some much needed "quiet"*
Q: Ok so I know I did a post about being thankful for noise and I am, noise often tells me that my children are happy and healthy. Noise at work reminds me that I have a job that I love. Noise at church reminds me how grateful I was as a young mother to be able to leave my own children at the nursery and enjoy a few moments of peace and I love my calling in the nursery. But I also appreciate a little peace and quiet now and again. I love the quietness of the temple and the peace I feel because of the quietness.

*Rachel*
R: It is easy to be thankful for my sweet Rachel. She is such a loving child. She loves all people and animals. For those of you who weren't around, we almost lost her at birth and she is a mighty precious miracle in my life. She turns 8 this year and I am excited at the prospect of her baptism and confirmation. I am so blessed to have her and all those other sweet spirits assigned to my care. Heavenly Father must think I am pretty amazing to trust me this much!

No comments: